Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jam Cellar Retrospective

Things for follows that Kate went over in the “31 flavors of footwork” class:

  • Swivels with a wide base vs swivels with a narrow base
  • Swivels from the ankles, knees, and hips
  • “Steal the lead” swivels... the kind of “waterski to the side” lead gank. I had trouble getting this one down, dunno if I like it. Right now it just looks weird.
  • Whip kick swivel (left foot draws counter-clockwise circle on 6 into a tango-esque whip. Ideally finish and hold on 7&8)

I need to try and remember to focus on trying all of these and isolating them, rather than just letting a bunch of them bleed together into a “standard” swivel. I’d also like to spend a little time working on the original swivel I learned, so I don’t lose it... that is, after all the one Sylvia Sykes complimented me on ;P

No comments: